Simply connect your TOWER kit to your mobile phone. Once paired, you can send notifications or view graphs of the temperature in your home. You need the Blynk IoT app to do this and in this article we'll show you how.
Start by registering on Blynk.cloud
The first step is to create an account on the Blynk app. You need a new account even if you have used a previous version of the app.
Open blynk.cloud in your browser and click Create new account. Then fill in your email and a message will be sent to you with a link to create a password.
Create a template - template
You can skip the introductory tutorial and save it for later.
Select Templates in the left menu and click + Create template on the right. Fill in the name of the template in the form, the hardware and connection type you choose does not matter now. Click the Done button to finish creating the template.
Add data streams
For each value you want to write to Blynk, you need to create a data stream. In this manual we will use the same principle as in the previous version of Blynk - virtual pins.
On the open page of the created template, click on Datastreams in the menu. After clicking on the + New Datastream button, select the Virtual Pin option.
Fill in the datastream name, color, assign it a number (each datastream will have a unique number), select the datatype, and if necessary, the unit and other parameters. Click Create to finish adding.
If you want to add more datastreams, repeat the same procedure.
Create a device from the template
Navigate to the home page of Blynk by clicking on the magnifying glass on the left. Click the + New Device button to open the window to create a new device.
In the creation method selection, choose From template. In the next form, select your template and assign a name to the device. Click Create to complete the process.
Notice that you have a notification on the right with information about the new device. They contain information about TEMPLATE ID and AUTH TOKEN, both of which you will need to load in Playground in a moment.
Move to Playground
For a functional connection, we recommend updating Playground to the latest version, it includes the pre-installed Blynk IoT plugin (
node-red-contrib-blynk-iot). Alternatively, install this plugin.
In the Functions tab, find the nodes that work with the new version of Blynk - they are marked with the Blynk IoT section.
- Select the write node to write values to the datastream you created.
- Double click to get to its settings.
- Right click on the small pencil, click to open a new window. In the Url field, enter
blynk.cloud, in the Auth Token and Template ID fields, copy the values from the device details in the web application on your computer.
- Confirm the settings by clicking Add.
- Fill in the Virtual Pin number of your datastream and click Done to save everything.
Now you can set up your flow in Node-RED. For example, it may look as simple as this.
Set up your mobile app
Right on the home page you will see the device you created.
Open it by clicking and set up your dashboard:
- Under the key on the top right you will find the dashboard setup page.
- Use the + button , or click somewhere on the desktop to add a new widget. In the demo we use Labeled Value.
- Press the added widget to display its settings window. The most important thing is to add the Datastream from your template for the selected Virtual Pin.
- You're done. Your widget in the Blynk IoT app will now start saving the data sent from Playground.